Sunday 23 August 2015

MONDAY AUGUST 24, RACING POST 2015. SCOTT BURTON BRINGS NEWS FROM DEAUVILLE THAT FRANKIE, JOHNNY AND SHALAA OUT ON THEIR OWN. MORNY ACE, THE BEST TWO-YEAR-OLD I'VE RIDDEN SAYS DELIGHTED DETTORI.

 Image result for SMALL IRISH FLAG TO COPY


REVIEW SUNDAY AUGUST 23:
Frankie and Johnny join up to challenge with Shalaa this afternoon 2.40 at Deauville,
for Al Shaqab Racing.

2:40 DEADarley Prix Morny (Group 1) (2yo Colts & Fillies) (Turf) 6f
WIN: Shalaa (IRE) 2 9-0 partner Frankie Dettori Team (Johnny) Gosden (GB) for Al Shaqab Racing 4-7f. 5 ran.  Yes, yes, yes, well done boys.



MONDAY AUGUST  24, REVIEW CH4 LIVE. RACING POST 
Week Monday August 24 to Sunday August 30.

 CH4 HORSERACING TEAM
A Work in Progress Guide
Taking a Closer look at Horseracing
 http://racing.channel4.com/

RACING POST PREVIEW TODAY'S EQUUS CARD

The clues are here, but can you spot them?

 *  REVIEW YESTERDAY'S EQUUS  RESULTS
 JMC:  We do not want our little babies having to experience
  the terror of war,  anytime in their lives.
We come into this world fragile and helpless.
 next the human journey:
Many of us leave this world fragile and helpless.
 
 BBC1 BREAKFAST
interaction
6.00am to 9.15am
A warm welcome to all: 
Presented by Naga Munchetty and Bill Turnbull.
Our Carol brings us a full and thorough weather forecast. Nippy Notes only here.
Unsettled, damp cloudy start, patchy fog and mist, sharp showers, blustery winds, cooler, will brighten up later.
7.30pm BBC1 The Schools Scandal: Playing The System – PANORAMA
“The demand for places at high-achieving state schools in the UK is turning the admissions process into a battleground. Panorama visits Havering in east London, one of the most over-subscribed boroughs for primary school places, and follows the council’s campaign to clamp down on abuse that leads to locals being elbowed out by those who play the system. ”


More victims of the Shoreham air show crash could be found when the wreckage of the jet is to be moved this morning 

Ian Witney at the plane crash scene near Shoreham, A27, said it was like a war-zone, to live through the sight will stay with him he explains, something he cannot just shrug off’.

Our Steph takes a closer look at the costs involved in online shopping ... Delivery charges? Surcharges? With trade building up, becoming more popular.

GUEST: SINGER SONGWRITER NATALIA IMBRUGLIA

Natalie Imbruglia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_Imbruglia

Natalie Jane Imbruglia (/ɪmˈbruːliə/; Italian: [imˈbruʎʎa]; born 4 February 1975) is a British-Australian singer-songwriter, model and actress. In the early ..

 



  

BBC2 Victoria Derbyshire
9.15am to 11.00am

Victoria Derbyshire - BBC Two

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05qqk5c
With original stories, exclusive interviews, audience debate and breaking news, Victoria Derbyshire presents the BBC's new daily news and current affairs programme
 
AIRSHOW CRASH SHOREHAM SUSSEX A27.
PEOPLE NEAR BY STUNNED IN SHOCK.
 

 

PAUSE FOR THOUGHT

 BRITISH GOVERNMENT WAR COMMAND CALLED INTO QUESTION:

JMC: Now we see the consequence of British government war murder terror machine in action, and all those left with their lives and the clothes they stand up in, homeless, destitute, broken hearted, at the very end of their tether, alone, in a cruel and evil world. All those who find themselves in the horrific slip stream … of government terror battles. Horrific British government slaughter on a massive scale. Is this what the British people voted the Tory government in for?



GLOBAL HORSERACING 
Your adventure into the world of Global Horseracing
a warm welcome to Nicholas Godfrey  2015:

 
Saturday and Sunday August 22 and 23, 2015.
Over the weekend the Racing Post has highlighted two trainers just starting out on the global racehorse’s in training road. Michael Dickenson in America, and Richard Hughes in Britain,

The Racing Post on Sunday RP BIG READ yesterday Nicholas Godfrey talks to Michael Dickenson about his return to the training ranks from his home over the last 28 years in North America, Tapeta Farm stretching over 250 acres on the north end of Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.

“When I was doing [Tapeta] Surface Footings I had a bit of time and I travelled the world. I visited 15 countries and I picked up a lot of ideas from other sports, health and other industries. So for four years I was collecting all these ideas in my head and I found it interesting.
“It got me going again and for the last few years I’ve been doing tests on them at various sites at various locations. Most of the tests failed. I have to tell you, but a few ideas worked. So I’m refreshed, I want to go again.
“Dickenson is starting out again at an age when most of us are usually looking to wind down. But he is fearsomely sprightly at 65, with shades of the “Silly Boy” his mother Monica used to despair of never that far from the surface.

“At the very heart of Dickinson’s plans remains his Tapeta Farm, which he describes as a Chantilly on the Chesapeake, although it was actually based on Ballydoyle, two years spent working for his hero Vincent O’Brien as a young man having been far from wasted.  

“Johnny Bradston was Vincent’s head lad for 2 years,” Dickenson explanes. He came over and looked at the farm before I bought it and he spent the first three summers here, so this is Ballydoyle, and at our core our are six fantastic  turf tracks and two Tapeta tracks.
“We’ve resurfaced the Tapeta gallops – it’s now into its tenth version-and we’ve added 50 acres for turn out. We used to turn out some of our horses for two hours a day and we noticed really good results, so I’m going to turn them out for four hours a day.”

RICHARD HUGHES  (GB) RACING POST ON SATURDAY’
Learning on the job but first yearling could be bargain at 90,000 euros.
“ON THE ROAD to starting up as a trainer this was an important week. I went on my first shopping trip for yearlings. On day one in Deauville just about the only thing I could afford to buy was a cup of coffee. Fortunately, things got a little better.
“The most important lesson I learned is that you need to learn quick. It’s a tiring, repetitive and relentless process. You have to have your wits about  you. It also helps if you have a little money to spend either your own or someone else’s and, after spending a bit, I’m pleased to say I’ll be training three of the horses who went through the Arqana sales ring.
“They say you always remember your first and the first yearling I can say that I bought was lot 282, a Myboycharlie colt out of the Makbul mare Lady Oriande. From the moment I saw him walk  loved him. The sire wouldn’t be the most fashionable in the world so I put that to the back of the mind and concentrated on the individual. What impressed me was his athleticism. He has plenty of size, but for a big horse he uses himself extremely well. I was willing to go to just over 100,000, euros  which I know was more than I was talking about in the column last week, but I did feel that’s what he was worth. I was also confident  I’d  be able to find an  owner at that sort of price.

“To my surprise and delight we got him for 90,000 euros. There were other similar horses who went for way too much money. On this occasion I believe I got a real bargain. The first thing I did was put a picture of him on Twitter on the basis that I bought him on spec. He arrived in Britain on Wednesday and went straight to Jane Alison’s yard. Jane is a brilliant horsewoman  and they will break him in at their livery yard and get him used to being ridden. That can be a difficult job and with me running a tight ship at the moment I don’t want to risk myself or a member of my staff getting  injured.
“All being well I would like to get him back in November, which is when I want all my yearlings to be with me like new kids about to start school. "
Ready to throw my hat into the ring at the sales - Bloodstock
august sale closes with record figures across the board | frbc

JMC: Young people are the same as yearlings, two year olds, how they are allowed to develop and grow depends entirely on other life around them. If a yearling or teenager gets punished all the time he, she will not learn anything, but fear. Creative guidance is needed throughout the journey of life for both the two and four legged variety.



 

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment